TOP HOME TIPS FOR HEALTHY FEET8 home-treatment tips for GORGEOUS feet
1. Give your toenails a breather. the nail polish on in the summer and off in the winter is a great rule to follow because applying a fresh coat especially gel polish can maintain the amount of bacteria and fungal hibernating underneath. Nail polish provides protection for fungus and i always recommend that, if fungus is present do not apply nail polish.
2. Wear footwear that is wide fitting and water proof in the winter months. If you're not sure what size you are, a good shoe shop will measure your feet. "Width and height of the front of the shoe is vital to ultimate foot comfort." if you are a size 6 in one pair of shoes it does not necessarily mean you a size 6 in all foot wear, so always ensure that you try on all new shoes and there is plenty of room to wriggle your toes
3. Cold feet? "A brilliant way to restore the heat is to use a foot cream in circular motions from the heel up to the toes. This will not only warm your feet but also moisturise them at the same time." then put a clean pair of clean socks on
4. Dry feet and hard skin? "Simple things such as olive oil and sea salt replenish the skin of lost moisture and gently remove layers of superficial dead skin." or alternatively you can apply runny honey to your feet and your favorite foot cream (i recommend a 25% urea based cream such as Flexitol or if you are adventurous Emu foot heel balm) wrap your feet in cling film, put your feet up, flick on Netflix and relax, after 1 hour wash off and use a foot file then apply another layer of your foot cream and your feet will feel soft and clean.
5. If you're an athletic type and get itchy feet from sweat, try a warm water soak with white vinegar or apple cider vinegar for 10 minutes. "This solution helps with many things; fatigued feet, fungal toenails and athlete's foot. This secret can be used as and when needed. However, if your feet have open wounds, cuts or diabetes this is not suitable."
6. Cleaning beneath your nails is really easy. The debris is a collection of soap, dead skin and other combinations of everyday life. An easy way to clear these spaces is to use a soft toothbrush in an upward motion after a shower/bath.
7. How to restore damaged nails..? "Using nail oils such as a tea tree oil based on are great with added anti-fungal properties, can help promote and restore a healthy nail." however please ensure you purchase a nail treatment oil because the concentrated tea tree oil can yellow the nails
8. And finally find the time in you day to check and moisturise your feet and always choose sensible foot wear. look after your feet now and they will look after you later on
if you have any questions please feel free to give me call or book an appointment if you have any concerns 01992 568 555